A Storm and a Migraine


I’m like a human barometer. When the pressure drops and we are expecting a storm, I get a migraine. So far it doesn’t look like we’re getting too much snow, but tomorrow morning may be icy because the temperature is dropping to like zero again.

I had a headache most of the day, but it turned into a full-fledged migraine around 5pm. At that point I was listening to the kids’ music lessons, and then I had to take my daughter to a practice for The Sound of Music — neither of which were helpful to my migraine.

I took two Execdrin Migraine and a muscle relaxer because my neck was getting tight and knotted. I think I’m at my worst trying to take care of the kids with a migraine. I can hobble along in rheumatoid arthritis joint pain, or all over fibromyalgia pain, but a migraine just halts everything.

About an hour or two after writing last night’s post, I got out of bed to get a drink and the pain was shooting from my hips down through my legs and feet. The pain was completely unbearable and I had to take a Dilaudid to take the edge off the pain enough to fall asleep.

I feel like that’s how things have been happening for me lately. I go from feeling decent to a mess in a matter of an hour or two. It’s frustrating because again, it all goes back to having difficulty planning anything.

My house is nowhere near ready for my daughter’s sleepover on Friday. I have nothing planned other than doing nails, getting pizzas, and having cake. I’m guessing they will watch a movie at some point in the evening, but I really haven’t thought of anything else. My goal tomorrow is to do a little research on Pinterest after cleaning my house — yes, I’m going to try and get the majority of it done in one day.

Because of my exhaustion and headache, I wasn’t able to workout too much today. I did a few minutes (very few) on my new elliptical machine (it’s really nice by the way), and I did my ab challenge that my whole Pilates class is working on. I’m just not feeling it today.

I also brought one of my cats to the vet, which turned into quite an experience when he jumped from a scale to the top of the cabinets in the room. He looked down at the vet, my son and I as if to say…just try and get me! The vet had to climb onto the counter to get him, which was humorous. He’s doing well, but she said he could stand to gain a little weight.

I’m Italian so all I heard was that he was too skinny and off to Petco I went to buy every treat possible. Needless to say our Cheeto has been spoiled with treats all night. I’m not sure whether I’ve been worried about his eating because the two kittens are pigs. The girl, Cookie, starts sitting at her bow around 4pm and they don’t eat until around 5pm. She gives a sad “I’m famished” look every time I walk by, but I’ve learned to ignore it for the most part.

Anyway, I’ll fatten him up a bit and then I’ll feel a little better.

We have had a few new members join our Autoimmune Mama Facebook Group. If you haven’t join us, please consider doing so. We have a very nice group and I think it’s been great to connect with other people who understand what it’s like to live with an autoimmune disease.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: